1.10.2010

My Babies
As many have either lived through, or heard tell of, parenting 2 small children doesn't make for the easiest of days all the time. No sleep for Mommy, combined with small people who can't rationalize can sometimes be trying. However, because they're both still so small, it makes for some amazing moments. I think the little moments, like when your 7 month old finds your face from across the room and grins and laughs because he just plain likes you or when EVERYTIME we do "2 babies" (carrying them both up the stairs at the same time) all 3 of us smile and giggle (I smile and giggle because they start it), those are the times that get you through. Natalie is the sweetest big sister, always making sure Sutton has a toy or his paci or bringing me a spit rag or changing his diaper when I'm not looking (yep). She loves to be in my lap, reading to me. She "reads" the Bible now, telling me about Adam and Eve and the grody (thanks, Aunt Kassa for the vocab) worm that gave them that apple even though God said No No. She eats nearly anything you put in front of her. She helps clean up without complaining. And she is such a kind Mommy to her baby dolls. It's adorable. I'm tired, but I am blessed. This Mommy job just may be the best gig ever.

p.s. She loves her "Christmas Baby," formerly known as "Purple Crawling Baby."

No comments: