2.16.2011

No chocolates, No roses, No problem.
I've never been very big on Valentine's Day, but after this one, I'm already looking forward to next year. First of all, I woke up to Nate still at home and not at work...for the whole day! I showered in an empty bathroom (no little spectators trying to get in with me), then followed my nose downstairs to the smell of bacon and pancakes! Not just any pancakes, heart-shaped pancakes. We had breakfast, playtime, lunch, playtime and dinner out together as a family. Me and my 3 valentines.


Oh, and I DID get a gift. It was after the kids were tucked in tight, but before we put in the movie that the great reveal happened! I was scrounging in the pantry for dessert, finding nothing. That's when I turned around to find the most beautiful white styrofoam takeout box I'd ever seen. The marker message written on top in my Hubby's handwriting told me it was a gift, just for me. I opened the box to find a HUGE slice of Cascone's Lemon cake! (my favorite) From beginning to end, hands down, the best Valentine's Day I can remember.

No comments: