First Family Vacation
Because we've always lived away from our families until recently, we've never really taken a family vacation just by ourselves, to a destination that didn't involve visiting family. I was SO excited while planning this trip. And as it turns out, I had every reason to be. It was so nice not to have to fold laundry, clean the house or do any other busy work that I allow to get ahead of just playing with my kids. And Nate had no distractions either. The kids were amazing in the car. I could go on and on, but instead I'll let the photos do the talking.
After spending one night with some friends from our time in Africa, we headed out to Boone, NC to the Samaritan's Purse headquarters. It was fun seeing some friends from World Medical Mission (the group Nate volunteers with to do medical missions) and Operation Christmas Child (the group I work with collecting shoeboxes for kids worldwide). And the tour was quite informative as well.
Checking out how the shoeboxes we pack at Christmas make it to kids around the world.
From Boone to Blowing Rock. Natalie, especially loved seeing the mountains for the first time. Sutton's favorite (no surprise here) was the choo choo train place, Tweetsie RR!
Waking up, getting to watch Disney Jr. in bed right away! Now that's vacation.
Back for another morning at Tweetsie.
Sutton waving to all the characters. I continue to be amazed by just how much JOY the tiniest things about parenting can bring me.
Even a month ago, Sutton refused to get on a ride. On this vacation, he decided to hop on every ride there was, smiling all the way. He even rode the ferris wheel with Natalie and Daddy!
From Tweetsie RR to the Great Wolf Lodge!
Nat's first waterslide!
She was very focused.
A hubby I adore. A happy, healthy family. There are no words to describe how blessed I feel.
Can't hardly wait for our next trip. Even if we have to pack a breastpump, tiny diapers and a pack-n-play!

No comments:
Post a Comment