9.17.2009

Too smart for her own good
I'm always impressed when Natalie exhibits knowledge of concepts that I am just sure are way beyond her years. :) For instance, this morning she asked me (in a tone that said she already knew the answer was "no") if Sutton was a princess. I explained that, "No, brother is a boy and boys are princes. Sutton is a prince." Oh, she replied. She then proceeded to name off the many princes and princesses she personally knows, all falling under the correct gender. I know, she's genious. She also asks me to turn the air up in the car because she's too hot, or to roll up her window because the wind is blowing on her too much. Or explaining that she can't see the moon because it's behind the trees right now or what have you. Well, today I'd asked her not to touch some clothes I had folded on the banister at the top of our stairs. A few seconds later, she was quickly grabbing off a shirt from the stack and running out of the hallway before I could get to her. I said, in my best stern mommy voice, "Natalie Glenn, I told you not to take those down. Why did you do that?" She said, "No talk to me, Mom. (talk=in trouble) That thing fell in my hand." Well, what was she supposed to do? It just fell right into her hand. That little stinker. I made her put it back as I tried really hard not to laugh in front of her. I'm afraid I'm in for it.

No comments: