9.07.2010

First 5K
I started the Couch to 5K running program back in March. I was 2 weeks away from the goal when I got sick about a month ago and couldn't run. I was REALLY bummed about it. I actually don't love running, so all that training for nothing was gonna be a big bummer. I only got to run once, a week before the race, but I'd already signed up, so there was no turning back. I really didn't think I would make it, but I finished the race with no walking! My official time was 29:45! Way to go me! (That's right, I'm cheering for myself!) It's not the fastest time out there, but I was just happy I didn't stop running. Plus, the finish line was down on the Royals baseball field, so when you ran into the stadium and around the outfield, it was pretty easy not to stop and walk.

This is a group from our church that ran. It was a really fun way to spend a saturday morning. Well, if we could've skipped about the last mile of running! :)

No comments: