9.15.2010

When I Grow Up
While driving around town Natalie started telling me what she wants to be when she gets big. Our conversation went a little like this:
Nat: I think I'm gonna be a garbage girl when I get big. But don't worry, Mom. I won't fall in with those big bags of trash.
Mom: Well, good. Cause I don't wanna have to get all stinky to get you out.
Nat: Well, I might fall in, so maybe I want to be a train girl. {Pause} Or a pilot.
Mom: You want to fly the big planes? Way up in the sky?
Nat: Well, maybe I will just drive that white truck (pointing to an 18 wheeler). Or a car. I can drive really, really fast like those. {Pause} Maybe I will just climb a tree.

So, for the record, so far she wants to be: A trash guy, a train conductor, a pilot, a truck driver, a racecar driver or an adventurer (or maybe a firefighter, she talks about cats being stuck in trees and helping them down). Forget about girly jobs like being a cupcake decorator or princess. This kid is ready to get her hands dirty... she already does quite often.

P.S. And, here's what she JUST said to me while I was adding this post...
Nat: What do you call it when you like the thunder?
Mom: I'm not sure.
Nat: Oh, brave. Yeah, brave. Like Daddy does.

I wish I could save every conversation we have.

1 comment:

GannyK and Glenn said...

That's my Nattie Pie! Covering all her bases. I love that girl! Ganny K