Dear Santa
Natalie officially wrote her own letter to Santa. Here's how it happened: The American Girl catalog came in the mail. Natalie intercepted it. She quickly narrowed her selection down to one item: a blonde-haired, blue-eyed Bitty Baby that looks (in her words) just like she did when she was a baby. She later reminded Granny that she didn't think Santa should bring her the brown baby, because she didn't think she was brown when she was a baby, was she? She cut the baby out of the magazine and glued it to her letter. Granny told her how to spell Santa. She addressed it and that's the whole story.
"See Santa, I'm even keeping my nose clean."
P.S. I wasn't sure this year how I felt about doing Santa. I always thought we just would, that's how we were both raised, but after answering questions that made me feel less than truthful, I thought I'd try and tell her it was a fun fairy tale, like Cinderella. I obviously wasn't remembering that my audience was a 3 year-old girl when she responded, "Mom, Cinderella IS real. She lives in Disney World." How she knows this, I am unsure, but I was had. Cinderella is real and so is Santa. She's already seen Santa this year and will most likely get to see Cinderella sometime in her future. Maybe we'll revisit this conversation next year, or 5 years down the road. For now, we've mailed the letter and are crossing our fingers that Santa will bring us an itty Bitty Baby that looks just like Natalie. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment