Better Watch Out
While the jury is still out as to if we will continue to "do" Santa (yet, a whole 'nother post worth of thoughts and questions), as of this year, he's definitely coming to town. Actually, he already did. The weekend after Thanksgiving to be exact.
Earlier that day, Natalie told me, "Mom, did you know Santa even knows when we are sleeping?" I told her that yes, I'd heard that and that's pretty neat. Well, to her it was just downright amazing and nearly unbelievable (go figure). So later that night, as we watched him walk onto the stage and sing, "Santa Claus is coming to Town," Natalie listened intently. And at the very part where he sang, "I know when you are sleeping..." She twisted her head around so fast and looked up at me wide-eyed and said, "See. I told ya he knows!"
It was precious. Made Nate and I both smile at her child-like wonder. I do love seeing Christmas through her eyes.

No comments:
Post a Comment