skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Fairy Tale Wedding
Natalie was up early, as always. Grandaddy and Granny were up with her and remembered the wedding when she asked to watch a show. Even though I didn't choose to be up at 6:45 am, I found myself sitting on the couch by my sweet 3 year-old daughter, taking in every magical moment of the royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton. While I never would have planned to watch the wedding, I was happy I did. I love love. And when it comes to fairy tale type movies or events, I can't help but be drawn to them. After all, I have to admit, at the risk of nauseating all those who hear it, I feel like I am living my own little fairy tale, Prince Charming and all. Over the last few days I have seen more negative comments than I can count regarding THE wedding. I honestly feel sad for all those folks who are being so cynical about the wedding. Can't we just enjoy a man in uniform marrying a girl in a beautiful gown and riding off in a horse-drawn carriage? Just for a moment? Natalie loved it. And I can't think of a better thing to do so early in the morning (not even sleep) than sit cozied up by my little girl encouraging her to believe that fairy tales can come true. I mean, I think one of the Women of Faith put it best when they called us all princesses, cause our Father is the King of Kings. I kind of like being royalty, especially when it places me in His family.
No comments:
Post a Comment