5.06.2011

This is the Stuff
You know how they say, "You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone?" Well, I think the reverse, while more obvious, is still very true. After not having what you had, you do know what you've got once it's back! It seems that since we've moved home there have been dozens of times where I just smile and think, this is it. This is why we moved back to be closer to family. While they may seem to be silly little moments, they all add up to so much more than that. This was one of those grateful, smiling moments.

I looked out in the backyard and the sight of my Dad and my Hubby working side by side made me grin from ear-to-ear.

And it's not just that...It's calling Granny to pick up Nat from school at the last minute. It's 3 generations in the kitchen taking 3 times as long to make dinner, but loving every minute of it. It's sitting in the swing, with no agenda but being together with no deadline in sight. It's running over, correction, being carried over to Uncle Rusty's just to see what Aunt Angel's up to, just because. It's dinner at the last minute with everyone we love. It's getting the mail. It's sitting on the huge mower. It's worshipping together on Sundays. Like I said, it may not be the big stuff, but it's the stuff and I am ever so grateful.

1 comment:

Amber said...

This post brought tears to my eyes. So happy for you!